MUST READ: The irony: What they see themselves to be and what I see them to be.


SUPERSTV

SUPERSTV

There is a crop of people in this country; one that sees itself as smart in the field it plays in, and whose members parade as people with unparalleled political brains. They have no shame and know no shame. All they want is fame, which is food that dead men eat, as Austin Dobson said.
This cabal thinks about themselves only, every day that we spend in this country. The thought of others run through their minds every four years when they are hungry for their sumptuous food; power. They only speak politely every four years. They have one common ailment which they embarrassingly take pride in. This sickness is diarrhoea of the mouth. When the powers that be possess them, they are not able to exercise any sense of decency. They allow stinky words to pour forth from their mouths with such unabashedness it is mind-boggling. Whether the words they unleash edify or not, they just don�t care. Their daily routine is galloping from one media house to the other, spewing gibberish everywhere they go. They defend the indefensible and make vague attempts to explain the inexplicable. They have managed to make listening to our radio stations an unpleasant ordeal.
My goodness! How these people need the prefix �HON (honourable)� attached to their names. They even prefer to carry this prefix when they are no longer in office. I often find myself in a quandary trying to figure out if they really know the importance of, how, and when to use this prefix. You are screwed if you mention their names at any public function without this prefix. When given wealth and the prefix under discourse, they will always have an irresistible yearn for the latter. They always want to be addressed as honourable even though they have carved a niche for themselves in the world of dishonour.
They regard themselves as people with proven prowess in communication. They relish unleashing litanies of lies on the masses with high expectations of these lies being swallowed hook, line, and sinker. When they are caught in their own webs of lies, they then make like crocodiles at Paga, shedding saline fluid from their eyes, and often claiming to have been taken out of context.
They preach virtue when the end of their four year cycle draws nigh and they seek its renewal. When their hunger for power is satisfied, they practice the obverse of what they preached. During the day, they smile at the cameras and bite with the venom of a cobra at night. How deadly and deceitful they are! They create phony schemes under the pretext of giving leverage to the poor. Ironically, they end up eating the bread crumbs of the poor. How shameless these people can be. Instead of them helping to obliterate the problems in society they rather end up aggravating them with their questionable policies.
There is a clique in my motherland Ghana. Self-centeredness is a characteristic trait of its members. They are very opinionated and do not accommodate divergent views. Woe unto you if you make an assertion which is not in sync with theirs. I need not tell you what to expect. They claim to be smart and diplomatic, and hence use phrases such as �everything is in the pipeline and plans are far advanced� to give the illusion of constructive activity and to throw people off their backs.
Needless to say, at this point, that I see them as unprincipled, shameful, and people with no integrity to protect. They are those who are causing a progressive retrogression in our country. When we make a step forward, they draw us back with uncountable steps, with their questionable policies that are always used as an avenue to spend the nation�s money helter-skelter. They are problematic people themselves who claim they want the betterment of society, but rather seek power for their parochial interests.
Even though they carry the title �honourable�, I tag them as men of dishonour because I am able to see through them, acknowledging them only for what they are behind their masks. By the fruits they bear in public; insults and lies, it is easy to know these people have no honour.
For creating, looting and sharing public funds to help them sustain the opulent lifestyle they wallow in, I see them as corrupt. No! Corrupt is too mild a word to use for this disgraceful breed of thieves. Yes, thieves! Thieves in their tuxedos, dazzling the populace and earning trust with their silver tongues, all the while robbing us blind and digging us deeper and deeper into the depths of hell.  
When they begin to use phrases such as �plans are far advanced� and �things are in the pipeline� I begin to laugh. This is because I know they are clueless and are incompetent when these statements become their mantra. They think they are smart but I see this clique as the proverbial empty barrel making the most noise.
Need I say more? Need I tell you the name of the cabal being described herein? I am done with my description of this group. Kindly figure out the name that would fit them and I hope you don�t become like them when you wield power one day.
Credits: fred Akweter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building your mental toolbox for solving coding problems

WADAU HIVI HILI KWELI LINAWEZEKANA AMA NIMEINGIA CHAKA KWA BINTI HUYU?